top of page


In 1952, the vision of a handful of people was realized when the first Sunday School classes were held at The Little Chapel.

Pastors Alex and Percola Kvasnikoff launched their dream of a Bible-based, Spirit-filled ministry in Cordova amidst some exciting and changing times.  The couple came to Cordova from Seattle in 1949 with their two children, daughter Kathy and son Jerry. Alex's carpentry skills soon landed him a job, and in time a piece of property was purchased on Adams Street and the building of the Little Chapel began.  Under their leadership, the Little Chapel held their first Sunday School classes on January 15, 1952.

Percola, or Perky as she was fondly called, taught five children in the kitchen, while her husband conducted the junior class in the living room.  As more people from the community came to the Little Chapel, classes grew and before long, several from the congregation had become teachers.  Marie Allain, Margaret Clark and Vicki Hoyle were among the first.


The first Little Chapel Church was established in Cordova in 1952.  The seating capacity of the first church was 45.  As the membership grew, a new church building, seating 90, was completed in December of 1969.  The congregation of 100 and growing is an Evangelical, Spirit-filled body in Christ.

As our congregation labors together, God's blessings are evident as the church continues to grow both in membership and maturity in the Spirit.

In 2006 we completed the current building located at 905 Lake Avenue.  The new sanctuary has a seating capacity of approximately 400.  In 2013, the building was completely paid off!

We celebrated our first service and dedication of our new church on Sunday, January 15, 2006.  We were blessed to have visitors Pastor Floyd and Alice Earlywine of Federal Way, Washington and Pastor Matt Lambert of Mountlake Terrace, Washington as well as many others.

In 1984 The Little Chapel became a part of Bethel Fellowship and in 2020 The Little Chapel became a part of the Fellowship of Christian Assemblies.

Our History: About
bottom of page